Are you prepared to face the cold? Getting caught in the car by the storm is a situation that we all try to avoid, but that can inevitably happen. To be as well prepared as possible, we make a selection of products that can help you if you suffer from this situation.
- Mobile phone and charger. All an indispensable that we always carry on. Due to the great use that we give it, you should try to keep the battery as long as possible. A charger can connect to the vehicle. The mobile can be decisive because, if caught, thanks to it, you can notify emergencies and indicate the location. It is important to know the state of the roads in real-time, the recommendations provided by the institutions at all times.
- Indispensable is the high visibility reflective vest. Remember that its use is mandatory when you leave the vehicle and take care of the roadway or the shoulder of the interurban roads. Of course, it must approve.
- Triangles. They must be used in case of immobilization of the vehicle by accident unless the traffic conditions do not allow it. They must place at least 50 meters away so that they are visible from 100 meters. In two-way tracks, one must place in front and one behind. On one-way tracks or more than three lanes, place one.
- An emergency light also recommended increasing visibility
- It is a luminous device that warns of the presence of an immobilized vehicle and is optional. It is auto yellow, high visibility, and should place on a flat surface.
- First aid kit It is with essentials such as alcohol, gauze, hydrogen peroxide, scissors, ointments, and bandages.
- A blanket, especially if the breakdown or retention arises during the night and lasts for several hours.
- Some tweezers or battery charger The battery is one of the elements that suffer most from the cold
- Snow chains The storm may appear without warning, and, suddenly, the use of snow chains is necessary and mandatory if winter tires did not wear. In cold weather, it is not too bad to carry snow chains in the trunk.
- A box with basic tools It is with wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, electrical tape.
- Finally, bring non-perishable water and food without refrigeration, such as energy bars, in case the retention lasts several hours.
We also recommend you check your car before taking a long trip to check that everything is working correctly.